Monday 15th February 2010 - 20:35
BroadSoft unveils BroadWorks Mobility Suite, a comprehensive set of mobile features for its flagship BroadWorks Application Server platform. Designed specifically for mobile and converged operators, these capabilities integrate seamlessly with today’s 2G and 3G networks, as well as VoIP-capable 4G LTE and WiMAX networks. With BroadWorks Mobility Suite, mobile operators can pursue new markets, enabling them to increase revenues, improve profit margins and grow average revenue per user, all while ensuring higher customer satisfaction.
The BroadWorks Mobility Suite includes:
- Mobile SIP trunk - a major enhancement to BroadSoft’s SIP trunking solution, our Mobile SIP trunk leverages a premises-based component called the Mobile Manager to deliver fixed-mobile convergence over SIP trunks to a premises PBX, giving enterprises greater control over how corporate mobile devices are used;
- Native mobile SS7 support - allowing BroadWorks to seamlessly integrate with mobile networks using standard GSM MAP, CAMEL, ANSI-41 MAP and WIN protocols;
- Location-based services - such as Home Zone/Office Zone preferential calling rates, location-based call routing and mobile presence and location applications for Unified Communications;
- Short Message Service 2.0 - extending SMS services beyond mobile phones, to all IP-enabled devices, whether a fixed phone, a soft-phone or web-enabled consumer device;
- Rich Communications Suite - integrating presence, instant messaging, content sharing, and multimedia messaging service with voice and video calling; and
- Voice over LTE support - allowing mobile operators to migrate voice and SMS traffic to LTE at their own pace, without additional development investment.
Businesses are facing new challenges with the growth of distributed workforces and ever-changing business regulations. With BroadWorks Mobile Unified Communications, mobile operators can now deliver enterprise IP communications capabilities not available from legacy intelligent network (IN) based solutions. Mobile UC meets the sophisticated communications needs of today’s enterprises by enabling them to:
- Manage communication costs and meet government regulations by extending company policies to employee mobile devices and tracking mobile phone use in real-time;
- Enhance employee efficiency and collaboration by extending Unified Communications capabilities, including the integration of enterprise applications such as CRM and ERP, to mobile devices; and
- Improve "reachability" of employees by leveraging a mobile operator’s ability to deliver any IP communication service to a single number, including voice, SMS, IM, presence and location-based applications.
BroadWorks Mobile Consumer Experience meets the demands of today’s hyper-connected society, allowing individuals to stay connected anytime, anywhere and with any device. By utilizing this new solution, mobile operators have the power to bolster customer satisfaction by allowing consumers to:
- Take control and have peace of mind by managing all of their communications services and devices from a single account, from a secure network;
- Use their desired communication method, voice, video, chat, text-messaging, content sharing, at any time and from anywhere; and
- Optimize their communication experience by seamlessly moving a call from their mobile phone to their fixed high-definition line or video device when they arrive home.
Source: Voip Monitor
Advertise with us and reach to an audience of thousands of High Tech professionals