Monday 5th October 2009 - 18:47
Vonage launches Vonage Mobile, its first mobile calling application for smartphones. Vonage Mobile is a free downloadable application that provides seamless, low-cost international calling while on Wi-Fi or cellular networks. Once downloaded, the service saves customers more than 50% on calls to dozens of countries versus the rates charged by wireless carriers while providing far more convenience than calling cards. Vonage Mobile will be available for download on the iPhone, BlackBerry and iPod touch at www.vonage.com and the iTunes App Store later today.
With Vonage Mobile you can call around the world from home, a Wi-Fi hotspot, or while traveling around the country. Vonage Mobile is easy to use. There are no access numbers or new phone numbers to give to friends and family. Simply enter an international number or select a contact from the existing contacts on your iPhone or Blackberry and hit send. Vonage does the rest.
This app will give customers exceptional per-minute rates to any country they want to dial. In the fourth quarter 2009, we will enhance the app to include the popular Vonage World plan that was introduced for home service in August. This enhancement extends the ability to make unlimited calls to over 60 countries for one flat monthly fee to mobile users, giving customers the choice to pick the plan that fits them best.
Vonage Mobile beats the competition on value, convenience and ease-of-use
- Rates are better than traditional wireless and landline carrier rates
- Lets you make calls while on Wi-Fi or cellular networks, providing full mobility
- Uses your existing contact list - just click and dial - no extra steps
- Utilizes your existing cell phone number so the people you call will recognize who is calling
- Real-time balance updates and the ability to automatically replenish funds in your account
- No more trips to the store to buy calling cards, no 800 numbers or access codes, and no connection charges
Source: Voip Monitor
Advertise with us and reach to an audience of thousands of High Tech professionals